DNA Testing

Sunday, May 13, 2018
Have you heard about DNA ancestry testing? On a whim (actually on in-flight wifi), I decided that I "needed" to give it a try. First, you have to buy a DNA collection kit online. After reading some reviews I went with 23andMe. You basically take < 5 minutes to spit into a little collection tube and send it off to the lab. Two weeks later a whole bunch of reports are available; you can choose to only look at heritage/ancestry information or you can upgrade (for a fee of course) to do health screenings. After seeing both it very much depends on what you're interested in. Do I really need to know that people with a specific DNA marker that I have tend to drink more caffeine? Probably not, but it makes me feel a lot better when I need cup #3 after lunch. I found the ancestry pretty cool. You're able to get a breakdown of your ancestry composition. Let's just say I'm going to be pulling for Great Britain in the World Cup :)

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

The Huebel Hammock Has MOVED!

Guys and Gals the Huebel Hammock has moved to a new location on the world wide web... Please make sure to bookmark the new spot:  https://hu...