Turkey

Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Happy Thanksgiving!!

I'm taking a couple days off to enjoy doing nothing. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!


For your viewing pleasure, here's a blast from the past- a re-post of Thanksgiving 2009... 4 years ago!
**********************************

FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2009

Gobble Gobble

I love LOVE holidays. nothing is better than no work, good food, AND family time. Tuesday night Britany and I went to see the 2nd installment of the Twilight vampire movie, New Moon. While it is not going to win any awards, it was definitely entertaining. I've read the books, which are quite sappy and poorly written, so I thought the movie was about on par with my expectations. Ross's buddy Brandon also came over for dinner on Tues. The boys didn't want to go with Brit and I to see the movie though... they stayed home for a beer/xbox night instead.

On Thanksgiving I ran in the inaugural Clear Lake Turkey Day 10K. It was a beautiful day and a great way to start the holiday. I think a turkey trot might become a Huebel tradition. The family all convened on the Huebel parents house ~ 12:30 and the eating began!

Ross & Liz
Adam & Grannie
Grandad and the troublemakers :)
My contribution to the festivities was Dorie's All-in-One Holiday Bundt cake. It's a spiced pumpkin cake filled with apples, cranberries, and pecans topped with a maple syrup glaze. It was good, but I was not blown away. My expectations may have been too high...but I did have several people say they enjoyed it!!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

The Huebel Hammock Has MOVED!

Guys and Gals the Huebel Hammock has moved to a new location on the world wide web... Please make sure to bookmark the new spot:  https://hu...