Hungarian Mushroom Soup

Monday, February 13, 2017
Even the biggest carnivore needs to take a break from meat sometimes right? In my opinion mushrooms are a great substitute for meat- maybe it's their chewy texture? One of my favorite restaurants in Anchorage (Moose's Tooth) served up a delicious Hungarian Mushroom soup. However, I didn't eat it much because I was always so stuffed with salad and pizza, but I loved it. So I decided to find a recipe and make it this weekend. I was thinking of a comfort/winter food, but Texas did not cooperate; it was hot and muggy. Oh well. It was still good I promise.

Here's the recipe. I used a mix of bella, cremini, and portabella mushrooms and also made a double recipe for the leftovers. Just go for the fresh herbs- it always pays off. I suggest pairing with some crusty bread with greyere cheese melted on top. Check out the pictures on the recipe blog because mine don't do it justice!


No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

The Huebel Hammock Has MOVED!

Guys and Gals the Huebel Hammock has moved to a new location on the world wide web... Please make sure to bookmark the new spot:  https://hu...