Severance Day

Monday, February 09, 2015
Today, February 9th, is the last day which I'm a BP employee.  I thought it would be good to pause and reflect on what this means to me...

It's been a tumultuous couple months (almost a year?!) leading up to this departure date, but I have no regrets. People keep asking me if I wish I had stayed at BP because oil prices have taken such a nose dive. I can honestly say the answer is no. Once Ross and I decided that moving home to Houston was our first priority, the path forward became clear. However, change is never easy and fear of the unknown definitely keeps me awake at night. Will we find a good school for Claire? How long will I be unemployed? Where will I work? Where will we live? But I have faith that these things will all work themselves out in due time. Afterall, your family is all you really need, right?!

Here's my "farewell BP" email that I sent to co-workers:
It’s hard to believe, but it’s my last week at BP. Ross and I have definitely enjoyed our Alaskan adventure, but it is time for us to move closer to family. I hear babies have a way of doing that. J
 
I will always value my time with BP and everything that I have learned over my 8 year career. I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to work in NAG, GOM, and Alaska. I have become the reservoir engineer that I am today because of working with such quality people along the way and I’m thankful for that. I don’t know what the future will hold, but I hope I run into you again.

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

The Huebel Hammock Has MOVED!

Guys and Gals the Huebel Hammock has moved to a new location on the world wide web... Please make sure to bookmark the new spot:  https://hu...