A Time to Remember

Wednesday, April 01, 2015
Becoming a parent has tapped into this whole new realm of feeling and emotion which I didn't even know existed inside of me. Is it possible to love this much?  Even on the "hard" days I remind myself what a blessing it is that this crying little mad baby is my daughter and I would do anything for her. It makes my heart heavy that not everyone who wants to,  gets to experience that. Or gets to experience it as long as they should.

I wanted to take a moment today to reflect on a woman who I never got a chance to meet, Marjorie Brown, my dad's mother and my grandmother. Marjorie died on April 2 1966, making today the 49 year anniversary of her death.




I was able to find Marjorie's obituary in an old church bulletin. Please read the paragraphs below:




That last quote really stuck with me, the quote which Marjorie apparently found comfort in during her last days.
"God give me sympathy and sense, and help me keep my courage high. God give me calm and confidence, And please, a twinkle in my eye."
It shows that Marjorie was a woman of great faith, but had a sense of humor as well.

One of the most important ways we can honor our loved ones that have passed away, perhaps too soon, is to keep their memory alive through stories, pictures, food, etc. Ross's dad's birthday was April 3, and we plan to gather as a family this Friday and cook an amazing meal to celebrate Lee Huebel's life. (Did someone say boston cream pie?)

Please take some quiet time today/this week to remember special people who've you've lost. 

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

The Huebel Hammock Has MOVED!

Guys and Gals the Huebel Hammock has moved to a new location on the world wide web... Please make sure to bookmark the new spot:  https://hu...