Recipe Repost: Hasselback Potatoes & Green Bean Salad

Tuesday, June 13, 2017
You thought I might actually post a new recipe on the blog??! Sadly No, this one is a repeat from 7 years ago, so I thought you may have forgotten about it :)  Au contraire, we spent a good portion of our evening in urgent care because the lil cutie spiked a 102 fever. Since no other symptoms were present, hoping it resolves itself ASAP.

REPOST from June 2010:
Ross has devised a weighted risk analysis of dinner preparation. Let me explain. If a meal is a lotta work, but doesn't taste really really great then, it's scored lower in the "Dinner Matrix." However, if a meal isn't too complicated AND tastes great then it gets a high score from Ross. Overall, the more time you spend on a meal, the better it should taste and if it doesn't then it's not a winner. My little engineer...er ... well,  how about just my engineer. :)

I really have no idea what hasselback means, but these Hasselback Potatoes are so good. If you have 5 minutes to slice a potato and 40 minutes to wait while they bake, then these are a great side for you!
There is something so good about EVOO, rosemary, and sea salt. It makes my mouth sing. Definitely not my voice.

This green bean and tomato salad was really good too! Fresh basil, red onion, and red wine vinegar add such a nice flavor to the otherwise bland green beans. I don't know about you, but I eat with my eyes and when I see a whole bunch of colors on my plate. I. Must. Eat. Exhibit A.

Our protein was grilled jerk chicken. It had the perfect grill marks, but not much flavor because so much of the marinade cooked off. I would recommend a pre-made rub for a quick, easy flavor infusion. Just remember to watch the sodium!!

Happy (Healthy) Eating.

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

The Huebel Hammock Has MOVED!

Guys and Gals the Huebel Hammock has moved to a new location on the world wide web... Please make sure to bookmark the new spot:  https://hu...