Strawberry Bruschetta

Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Last Sunday I "hosted" Stamp Club, but since we meet at the same place every month hosting basically just means that I provided the snacks. I went back and forth on what to bring, but I knew I wanted to provide a dessert, a salad, and a protein. When I went to Costco the strawberries looked yummy, so naturally I had to buy them. Which meant I had to find a recipe that used lots of strawberries...

Enter Strawberry Bruschetta, served with fresh basil and creamy feta. It was a hit a stamp club so it will probably be a hit at your next dinner party too!



Strawberry feta bruschetta
Recipe adapted from zap*


French Bread
Feta cheese, slice block
Strawberries
Honey
Balsamic vinegar
fresh mint and basil leaves

Cut the baguette into diagonal, thick slices. Brush with oil and put under broiler about 10 minute until crispy.
Slice the feta and arrange on hot toast. 
Slice or quarter the strawberries, depending on size, sweeten with honey (to taste) and pile on the feta. Add a handful of mint and basil leaves. Drizzle some balsamic on top.
Serve.

4 years ago: Mom & Brother Visit
3 years ago: Problem Solvers
2 years ago: Roma's Summer Time
1 year ago: Curried Chicken in Pepper Sauce

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

The Huebel Hammock Has MOVED!

Guys and Gals the Huebel Hammock has moved to a new location on the world wide web... Please make sure to bookmark the new spot:  https://hu...