Fire Trucks

Monday, November 30, 2015
Today we found out that our fire department has an excellent response time...

Our housekeeper was at our house doing the usual oven clean cycle except our Thanksgiving feast left the oven dirtier than normal causing excessive smoke, which then led to the fire alarms going off. When we moved into the house and set up the security system, we also linked the fire alarms to the panel. So if the alarms go off for an extended amount of time, it places a call the the alarms company who also dispatches the police/firemen. I called the housekeeper when I got a warning on my phone and she told me everything was fine, but when the alarm company called me, they had already phoned in the brigade. Anyway, by the time Ross was able to get home (and he only works a mile away) there were 4 cops, a firetruck, and 2 fireman in front of our house. The firemen were all suited up with crowbar and ax in hand, ready to bust in the front door. 

So there's some Monday excitement for you. It's events like this where I feel like I work so far away because I couldn't just get home to check on things. Good thing Ross is nearby. It is also reassuring to know that the firemen/policemen are so quick in responding. 

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

The Huebel Hammock Has MOVED!

Guys and Gals the Huebel Hammock has moved to a new location on the world wide web... Please make sure to bookmark the new spot:  https://hu...