Guest Blog

Tuesday, December 01, 2015
Hi. This is Ross. My wife has been working away on sending Christmas cards tonight and I was informed that I was going to be a guest blogger. This is an idea we've talked about in the past. We thought perhaps I'd step in and write an account of a sheep hunt in AK or something similar where I had a unique story. That was a nice idea and all, but I realllly like it when Liz blogs. She does such a good job and it is easy for me. But considering that she just put down her computer from working on the Christmas cards to go pack Claire's breakfast, it's the least I can do.

I'll use this opportunity to thank her for doing this every week night (and no, she is not paying/threatening me to do this). I've known several people who have taken on blogging but found the effort to be too hard to sustain, and I completely understand. It isn't an easy job, especially when it comes to editing pictures like she does. I can't count the number of nights I've fallen asleep in bed while her fingers are tapping on her laptop next to me. Like a sound machine that produces a wonderful account of our last 7 years while I snooze. It's our family's diary, but so much better because of her love of photography and picture editing. It's also been a great repository for our favorite meals we've cooked. The most common way I look up a recipe is to either go to her blog or to the food network website. It's the first thing I look at in the morning whenever I log onto my computer and is a great start to the day. My favorite part of it though, is randomly clicking on a date on the right side of the webpage and going back in the past to see what we were doing as a family. I have found it to be a really nice way to escape the hustle of daily life, slow down time, and remember how great/beautiful/sad/adventurous our life has been.

Liz always chides me for being too verbose in my writing. My emails and texts are always too long for her, and I'm sure my guest post will be the same. But that's the benefit of being the author. Plus, I can't do too well as a guest blogger or I'll be asked back more often!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

The Huebel Hammock Has MOVED!

Guys and Gals the Huebel Hammock has moved to a new location on the world wide web... Please make sure to bookmark the new spot:  https://hu...