We're Moving Home!!

Tuesday, December 09, 2014
It's been quite a journey, but I can finally share the news that Ross and I are moving back to Texas!

BP is downsizing for various reasons and opened an Expression of Interest (EOI) process to all BP Alaska employees. After much thought, Ross and I decided we should put our names in the hat. Since the passing of Ross's father last year and the birth of baby Claire in March we have felt that Houston is the place we need to be. BP indicated that they could not relocate us back to Houston for likely another 2 years, so we decided that leaving the company with the severance package would be the best for our family; the severance package includes complete relocation coverage back to Texas. 

It has been such an emotional process the last couple months because we did not know if both our EOI's would be accepted. For example, what would we have done if only my EOI was accepted and not Ross's? We found out last week that BP had accepted both our EOI's, which is what we were hoping for. 

Co-workers keep asking us if we have other jobs lined up and if we're worried that oil prices have fallen to $65/barrel. Neither of us have job offers in hand yet, though Ross has found a role that he's really interested in. Jobs have started to dry up some due to the year-end holidays and the fall of oil prices, but I'm hopeful that I'll find a job. Ideally I'd like to take some time off and enjoy life with baby before returning to work. We're planning on moving in with my parents until Ross and I land jobs. I'm so looking forward to living near family again!!

We are definitely embarking on a new journey, so stay tuned!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

The Huebel Hammock Has MOVED!

Guys and Gals the Huebel Hammock has moved to a new location on the world wide web... Please make sure to bookmark the new spot:  https://hu...