Meeting Paige

Monday, July 11, 2016
It turned out baby Paige came into this world a whole lot faster than anyone predicted. I started feeling extreme pain at about 5:15pm even though I already had the epidural. The nurse paged the anesthesiologist to administer additional meds in my epidural, but by the time he showed up Paige had already arrived! My doctor just happened to come check on me at exactly the right time. She said the reason that I was in so much pain was because I was not pushing and baby girl was on her way so the pressure was building up. They could barely get the staff in the room fast enough and the equipment in place, then I pushed 4 times and baby Paige came out. Such a different birth story than with big sister Claire (ahem, 2 hours of pushing...).



Emotions.

In the end, I delivered baby so fast my body couldn't quite keep up. My blood pressure shot through the roof, which was monitored closely the next few days. I also got uncontrollable chills/shakes which took a couple hours to get rid of. But baby Paige got an A+ on her health check and nothing else seemed to matter.



6lbs 13oz, 20.75" long... Perfect!




Nothing can quite describe the feeling of meeting your baby for the first time. Something like a mix of relief, love, hope, exhaustion, thankfulness, and excitement.

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

The Huebel Hammock Has MOVED!

Guys and Gals the Huebel Hammock has moved to a new location on the world wide web... Please make sure to bookmark the new spot:  https://hu...