Spud: 29 weeks

Tuesday, April 05, 2016
This week I got tested for gestational diabetes. Basically you go into the doctor and they tell you that you have 5 minutes to finish a large cup of sugaring orange Tang stuff. It tastes horrible. But you have to choke it down and hang around for an hour before they draw your blood. Then they send it off the lab and you get your test results in a couple days. I'm happy to report that Baby girl will not have to worry about gestational diabetes!

On another note, I got my Tdap shot (most people only get every 10 years but when you're pregnant you get it because it's thought momma's pass antibodies on to the growing bump. Tdap includes vaccination for whooping cough and tetanus, which it is recommended all caregivers have. It is important to note that this shot can be painful in the following days. My arm swelled up and I had a circular red rash, got swollen neck glands, the injection site was sore, red, and hot for a few days. They didn't really give me enough of a heads up at the doctor about all of this!

No comments

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

The Huebel Hammock Has MOVED!

Guys and Gals the Huebel Hammock has moved to a new location on the world wide web... Please make sure to bookmark the new spot:  https://hu...